Among all the road safety products suppliers, Swift Technoplast is one of the leading and best road barrier, traffic cone manufacturers in India. Known for a wide range of road safety products. Swift manufactures plastic road barriers, highway traffic cones, and other such products to ensure safety.
Here, Swift is sharing some road safety tips which need to be followed. As we know Road traffic injuries, remain an important concern globally. Therefore, road safety rules are essential, not only for the sake of your own life but for others too. Do not try to cross the plastic road barriers deployed on the roadside. The key mantra for road safety is awareness and compliance with traffic rules.
It is equally important to educate the entire public. And not just the drivers and motorists, about the proper use of the roadways. Apart from that, it is also essential to conduct thorough research on the causes of road accidents. Hereby outlining and implementing the effects and methods of preventing them.
When on the road, one needs to be extra cautious while crossing it. Especially because of the ever-increasing amount of vehicles in the country. Many people disregard this common precautionary measure and commit to jaywalking while crossing the street. Or even major roadways. However, jaywalking should be avoided. As it is not only dangerous but also a traffic violation. Which is covered under ‘obstruction of traffic’ in state and metropolitan laws.
Safety tips while crossing the road
- In order to ensure one’s own safety as well as the safety of the rest of the public, reckless running on roads should be avoided at all costs.
- When on the road, attentiveness can prevent a lot of unexpected road hazards. Especially on turns or diversions, where it is difficult to notice an approaching vehicle. Vehicles generally honk at the bends or any unmanned intersections to make people aware. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention in order to listen to any approaching vehicle.
- Using a footpath or sidewalk whilst outdoors is always recommended instead of walking on the road itself. Similarly, using subways and foot over bridges to cross wide roads is also recommended in order to avoid accidents.
- In case you are on a two-wheeler, ensure that you are wearing a helmet. Before leaving home, check if the breaks and lights of your two-wheeler are functioning properly. Make sure that you use the two-wheeler lane while riding your vehicle and stay alert at all times. In areas with poor visibility, make sure you turn the headlights of your vehicle on to avoid any accidents.
- Lastly, while running or bicycling at night, it is important to make sure that oncoming vehicles are aware of your presence. You can do that by dressing according to the time of the day. Reflective/bright clothing should be worn especially when it’s dark outside.