Drum spill containment pallets are used to store and transport drums of hazardous materials safely. They are designed to contain any leaks or spills that may occur, preventing them from contaminating the environment or posing a health hazard.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of drum spill containment pallets, how to choose the right one for your needs, and how to use them safely.
Closed-top pallets have a lid that covers the drums. This provides an extra layer of protection against spills and can also help to keep the drums clean. Closed-top pallets are typically made of steel and are more expensive than open-top pallets.
When choosing a drum spill containment pallets, you will need to consider the following factors:
- The type of hazardous material you will be storing. Some materials are more corrosive than others, so you will need to choose a pallet that is made of a material that can withstand the chemicals.
- The size of the drums you will be storing. Make sure to choose a pallet that is large enough to accommodate the drums you will be using.
- The amount of space you have available. If you have limited space, you may want to choose a smaller pallet.
- The budget you have. Drum spill containment pallets can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
How to use a drum spill containment pallet safely:
To use a Drum spill containment pallet safely, you should follow these steps:
- Make sure the pallet is level.
- Place the drums on the pallet so that they are not touching each other.
- If the drums are leaking, place absorbent material, such as kitty litter or sand, in the sump of the pallet.
- Label the pallet with the name of the hazardous material and the date it was last used.
Drum spill containment pallets are an important safety measure for storing and transporting hazardous materials. By choosing the right pallet for your needs and using it safely, you can help to prevent spills and protect the environment.
As the demand for safer work environments continues to grow, We at Swift Technoplast continuously develops quality drum spill pallets with keeping safety at utmost priority and also contributes to the overall success and reputation of businesses.